Whilst studying PE you will learn about keeping healthy & fit as well as the systems within the body that are developed when exercising.
The subject also provides an overview of the socioeconomic factors affecting sport as well as sports psychology.
PE is a great subject to study if you want a career in a sports related field.
This could be anything from a sports coach to a physiotherapist to a personal trainer.
Science subjects fit well with PE, particularly if you are interested in studying sports science or psychology in the future.
Selection of jobs using the subject PE
- Events manager
- Health trainer
- Leisure centre manager
- Outdoor activities instructor
- PE teacher
- Performance sports scientist
- Personal trainer
- Play therapist
- Primary school teacher
- Sport and exercise psychologist
- Sports agent
- Sports coach
- Sports commentator
- Sports development officer
- Sports physiotherapist
- Sports professional
- Swimming teacher
- Yoga teacher
Explore more jobs related to PE
Check out more than 800 other job profiles, the above list is just a selection of jobs related to PE, there will be loads more!
Examples of apprenticeships that relate to PE:
- Community Sport and Health Officer - Level:3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E). Typical length:16 months
- Leisure Duty Manager - Level:3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E). Typical length:18 months
- Personal Trainer - Level:3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E). Typical length: 15 months
- Physiotherapist (degree) - Level:6 (equivalent to a bachelor's degree). Typical length: 48 months
Click to find apprenticeship vacancies available now related to PE
Watch a short film about PE and Sport apprenticeships here.
Examples of vocational college courses related to Sport
- Level 3 Sport and Exercise Science at Wiltshire College
- Level 3 Sports Coaching and Development at Bath College
Examples of degree courses that relate to PE:
If you love this subject and want to take it forward, what else can you do right now?
Watch related videos
You can watch a great series of videos of young people who are working in jobs that use PE on the BBC Bitesize website.
Do a free, short, online course to find out more about working in PE (looks great on your CV too!)
Or view other free online courses in sports