Law is a popular subject and studying law will give you a good understanding about how the legal system works in the UK and the rest of the world.
On the course you will develop your research skills and will need to absorb lots of information.
You will need good written and analytical skills to apply the law in exam questions and you will develop good debating and presentation skills.
As well as careers directly related to law, a qualification in law can lead onto a wide range of opportunities including business, politics, government, media and journalism.
Law combines well with English, maths or business.
Selection of jobs using the subject Law
- Accounting technician
- Barristers' clerk
- Company secretary
- Crown prosecutor
- Data analyst-statistician
- Forensic computer analyst
- Human resources officer
- Patent attorney
- Prison officer
- Scenes of crime officer
- Security Service personnel
- Trading standards officer
- Welfare rights officer
- Youth offending team officer
Do a free, short, online course to find out more about law (looks great on your CV too!)
- Law for Non-Lawyers: Introduction to Law
- International Franchise Law: the World is Yours
- From Crime to Punishment: an Introduction to Criminal Justice
Or view other free online courses in Law
Examples of apprenticeships that relate to law:
- Chartered legal executive - Level:6 (equivalent to bachelor's degree). Typical length:60 months
- Paralegal - Level:3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E). Typical length:24 months
- Solicitor - Level:7 (equivalent to master’s degree). Typical length:60 months
- Probate Technician - Level:4 (equivalent to certificate of higher education). Typical length:18 months
- Senior compliance / risk specialist- Level:6 (equivalent to bachelor's degree). Typical length:36 months
Click to find apprenticeship vacancies available now related to law
Examples of degree courses that relate to law:
BBC Bitesize Career Videos
You can watch a great series of videos on where your favourite subject can take you at BBC Bitesize website.