What are T Levels?
- New two year Level 3 qualifications - equivalent to 3 x A levels.
- Lead to a specific occupation and available in a whole range of different areas from Cyber Security to Wildlife Management.
- Designed by professional bodies, employers and universities so that they are relevant and up to date.
- Include at least 3 months work experience and an opportunity to build transferable skills and knowledge related to the job area.
- Progress on to apprenticeships, jobs and university.
Who are they for?
They are for 16 - 19 year olds who want to focus on developing skills and knowledge for a specific occupation or job sector.
What T levels are being offered?
The T levels that are currently available are:
- Building Services Engineering for Construction
- Design, surveying and planning for Construction
- On site Construction
- Digital Production, design and Development
- Digital Business Services
- Digital Support Services
- Education and Childcare
- Health Science
- Design and Development for Engineering and Manufacturing
- Engineering, Manufacturing, Processing and Control
- Maintenance, Installation and Repair for Engineering and Manufacturing
- Management and Administration
- Agriculture, Land Management and Production
- Legal Services
The following T-Levels will be available from September 2024 onwards:
- Animal Care and Management
- Craft and Design
- Hairdressing, Barbering and Beauty Therapy
- Media, Broadcast and Production
For more information see the T-Level site Technical Level Qualifications
T Levels as a route to University
When you look at the entry requirements for a particular university course this can be shown in terms of the grades needed and/or the UCAS tariff points required. T Levels will earn UCAS points just like other Level 3 qualifications like A Levels and BTECs.
You can find out what UCAS tariff points you will get for different qualifications.
If you have a degree subject in mind, you can check out the entry requirements required for different universities.
What do you think about Careerpilot?
A £20 Amazon Voucher could be yours!