What is a Studio School?
Studio Schools have a new approach to learning which includes teaching through enterprise projects and real work. This approach ensures students' learning is connected to the real world and helps them to develop the skills they need for life and work.
- are small schools for 300 students;
- have year-round opening;
- have a 9-5 working day;
- feel more like a workplace than a school.
Working closely with local employers, Studio Schools offer a range of academic and vocational qualifications including GCSEs in English, Maths and Science, as well as paid work placements linked directly to employment opportunities in the local area.
Students gain a broad range of employability and life skills and have the option to go on to university, further training, or into employment.
View Studio Schools in the South of England:
- Atrium Studio School (Devon)
- Bicester Technology Studio
- Digitech Studio School (Warmley)
- Dorset Studio School
- IKB Academy (Keynsham)
- LeAF Studio (Bournemouth)
- Mendip Studio School
- Scott Medical and Healthcare College (Plymouth)