What are T Levels?
- New two year Level 3 qualifications - equivalent to 3 x A levels
- Lead to a specific occupation and available in a whole range of different areas from Cyber Security to Wildlife Management.
- Designed by professional bodies, employers and universities so that they are relevant and up to date.
- Include at least 3 months work experience and opportunity to build transferable skills and knowledge related to the job area.
- Progress on to apprenticeships, jobs and university.
Who are they for?
They are for 16 - 19 year olds who want to focus on developing skills and knowledge of a What specific occupation or job sector.
What T levels are being offered?
The T levels that are currently available are:
- Education and Childcare
- Construction: design, surveying and planning
- Construction: on site - carpentry, plastering, painting and decorating, bricklaying
- Digital Production
- Digital Business Services
- Digital Support Services
- Health - Health Care
- Health Science
These T levels are being introduced in 2022:
- Legal, Finance and Accounting
- Business and Administration
- Engineering and Manufacturing
What T Levels will be available in the future?
There are approved T Levels in the following sectors:
- agriculture, land management and production
- animal care and management
- building services engineering
- craft and design
- cultural heritage and visitor attractions
- hair, beauty and aesthetics
- human resources
- maintenance, installation and repair
- management and administration
- manufacturing and process
- media, broadcast and production
For more information:
T Levels as a route to University
When you look at the entry requirements for a particular university course this can be shown in terms of the grades needed and/or the UCAS tariff points required. T Levels will earn UCAS points just like other Level 3 qualifications like A Levels and BTECs.
You can find out what UCAS tariff points you will get for different qualifications.
If you have a degree subject in mind, you can check out the entry requirements required for different universities.
If you are interested in a higher education course next or in the future, check out the Careerpilot section HE at 18 or later.