Access to Higher Education
If you don’t have any formal qualifications then consider our Access courses. Access courses can provide a route to higher education, can be used for personal development or to prepare you for work. They will help you to get to grips with the level of study and motivation you will need to succeed in higher education.
Completing an Access course will help you to:
- gain a place on a foundation degree at the College, or the first year of an undergraduate degree at a university
- enjoy the experience of college education
- get a job with career prospects
- earn more money.
Alternatively, we have a course that prepares you for entry to a range of College courses, covering essential core skills such as academic studies, English, maths and IT. It will refresh your existing skills and teach you how to plan and manage your learning. The course includes the following three stages:
- award - an introduction to some of the key subjects underpinning successful learning
- certificate - gain a wider set of skills, building on those acquired at award stage
- diploma - a comprehensive set of skills, enhancing those acquired at certificate stage.
On successful completion of each stage of the course not only will you be better prepared to embark on a more demanding course, but you will also be awarded a nationally recognised qualification.
If you have some formal qualifications or credit accumulation and transfer scheme points, then take a look at our foundation degrees, higher national certificates, professional qualifications and university short courses.