What job sectors are there and which ones will grow?
Careerpilot has detailed information on many different job sectors which represent the vast majority of jobs in the UK.
Each job sector includes information about:
- What is involved in the job sector
- Key facts about the sector, both nationally and for the South of England
- Types of jobs in the sector (with links to 100's of job profiles)
- How to get in and get on in the sector
- Case studies
- Useful Links - including to vacancy websites
This information should help you find out more about different job sectors and the types of jobs available. You can then help your child when they are making their choices about possible future career pathways. This could include the type of training and what qualifications they may need.
Predicted growth sectors in the South of England
The Local Enterprise Partnerships in the South of England each have priority sectors they are supporting because they predict growth.
- Advanced aerospace
- Business Administration
- Creative and Media
- Health and social care
- ICT (High Tech and Digital)
- Low carbon and renewables
- Marine and Maritime
Getting more information:
- You can find information about the Local Enterprise Partnerships priority sectors in the South of England.
- The West of England LEP has produced Labour Market Information about the priority sectors in their area.
- A number of Careers of the Future have been identified.
- To compare up to three jobs and find out salaries, predicted growth, etc. use the Careerometer.