Would you like coming up with ideas to help things sell?
Could you talk someone into buying something?
If so, sales and marketing could be just your thing.
- Google is responsible for 96% of all smartphone search traffic, and 94% of total organic traffic.
- Video content is 50 times more likely to drive organic search results than plain text will.
Routes into this sector
There are various types of qualifications available at different levels.
- GCSEs in English, maths and business studies will help get you into this sector but most other GCSEs will be useful too.
- At 16 you could do A Levels, which are general academic subjects or develop your knowledge and skills for this sector through an apprenticeship/traineeship or through a vocational qualification.
- At 18 or 19 you could do a higher education/degree level course, with 8 out of 10 A Level students choosing this pathway and half of all BTEC National students. However there are also other routes into your chosen career - through apprenticeships and vocational qualifications.
There are jobs in this sector where you can start with few qualifications and receive training on the job through an apprenticeship and for others like an advertising art director a higher education qualification, like an HND or degree will usually be required.
Use the Course Search
Use the relevant search options on our Course Search to find college and university courses as well as vacancies for apprenticeships.
More help finding courses and training.
- To find out whether there is an apprenticeship training course related to sales, or marketing that might suit you.
- To search for an apprenticeship vacancies available now related to sales, or marketing, across England (you need a vacancy to be able to apply)
- To find apprenticeship vacancies near you. Also, there are other ways to find an apprenticeship explained here.
- To find a vocational course at a college related to sales, or marketing (also check the college's website to get the latest list of courses)
- To find a university level course related to sales, or marketing.
Do a free, short, online course to find out more (looks great on your CV too!)
Future Learn have lots of free, short, online courses that will improve your knowledge of this job sector and improve your chances of landing your dream job. See what sales related courses are on offer, or marketing.