Technical Level Qualifications [T Levels]
What are Tech Levels?
- New two year Level 3 qualifications - equivalent to A levels
- Lead to a specific occupation and available in a whole range of different areas from Cyber Security to Wildlife Management.
- Designed by professional bodies, employers and universities so that they are relevant and up to date.
- Include at least 3 months work experience and opportunity to build transferable skills and knowledge related to the job area.
- Progress on to apprenticeships, jobs and university.
Who are they for?
They are for 16 - 19 year olds who want to focus on developing skills, and knowledge of a specific occupation or job sector.
Students who take a Tech Level qualification alongside, a Maths qualification at Level 3 and undertake an Extended Project can achieve the Technical Baccalaureate.
What Tech Levels are available?
There are approved Tech Levels in the following sectors...
- Agriculture, Horticulture & Animal Care
- Arts, Media & Publishing
- Business, Administration & Law
- Child Development & Wellbeing
- Construction, Planning & the Built Environment
- Engineering & Manufacturing
- Health & Social Care
- Information & Communication Technology
- Sport, Leisure & Recreation
- Retail, Hospitality & Commercial Enterprise