Applied General Qualifications
What are Applied General qualifications?
Qualifications are on a par with A levels. They
are for students 16 - 19 who want to continue their education through learning
applied to a general job area e.g. Law, Creative and Media, and Business.
Applied General Qualifications allow entry to a range of higher education courses, either by meeting the entry requirements in their own right or being accepted alongside other qualifications at Level 3 such as A levels.
Many Applied General Qualifications are endorsed by employers and professional or trade bodies.
Who are they for?
Applied General Qualifications are for students 16 - 19 years olds wishing to undertake a broad study of a specific vocational area.
What Applied General qualifications are available?
Applied General Qualifications include BTECs and OCR Cambridge qualifications as well as a range of other vocational courses.
Applied General Qualifications are available in a variety of vocational areas:
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Environmental Conservation & Animal Care
- Performing Arts, Arts, Crafts, Media & Publishing
- Finance, Enterprise, Business & Law
- Health & Social Care and Child Development & Wellbeing
- Construction, Planning & the Built Environment
- Engineering, Manufacturing Technologies & Transport Operations
- Information & Communication Technology
- Leisure, Sport, Travel & Tourism
- Retail, Hospitality & Commercial Enterprise
- Science & Mathematics
- Sociology & Social Policy