I am exploring a job I might like to do
If you are exploring what job you might like to do in the future then Careerpilot has lots of information to help you. See below for some suggestions.
Finding the information to help
- You might want to start by doing the Careerpilot Job Sector Quiz. This will help you find job sectors that could give you what you want from a job.
- Check out the job or career itself in the Careerpilot job sectors. Look at the detailed job profiles to find out what a job offers, the qualifications and skills that you need and how the job market in that sector is doing, will it go up or down? You can also check out how jobs are predicted to grow by trying the Careerometer.
- You could start with a subject you love and get ideas of where it could take you.
- Do the Pre-16 Skills Map or Post 16 Skills Map in the Career Tools. You will be able to see what skills you have in the Skills Bank and you can also see your skills against the skills required in a job in any job profile. Do you see any gaps? How can you fill them? What qualifications or training do you need?
- Do the icould buzz quiz which is a fun way to discover, in under 5 minutes, your strengths and what makes you tick and get an idea of a few job areas that might suit you.
In Careerpilot you will find information about a range of job sectors - so start exploring them now!
You can also find more information in 'Where to look for further information on jobs and careers'. Discuss your plans with someone. This could be a parent/carer, teacher, tutor or a careers adviser. You can access an adviser through the National Careers Service for Young People.