November 9th 2020 Session - Moving to virtual delivery - ideas from practitioners
What are the 'Low Down in Lock Down and beyond' sessions?
These are monthly information sessions, organised by the Careerpilot Team, aimed at keeping careers advisers in the West of England and Swindon & Wilts area up-to-date in the pandemic. Each month guest speakers. who are in the know. will give updates about what is happening during the pandemic, attendees then 'chat and share' what they know.
The session on November 9th focused on moving to virtual delivery for careers:
At the meeting various useful links were mentioned which are below and attached.
The recordings of the session will be available soon here https://www.careerpilot.org.uk/adviser-zone/coronavirus-latest-info-for-advisers
- Learn Live broadcast 18th November, 4.30-6pm Universities and Colleges in the West of England have joined together to present a range of options that are available for young people in the region. Delivered online via the Learn Live channel, the session will cover topics including career and education pathways, well being, and a chance to hear stories from current students. There will be an opportunity for a Q&A with University and College staff. Wednesday 18th November 16.30 to 18.00 www.learnliveuk.com. Please see attached flyer.
- Like 2 be Career Inspiration event, 25th November all day- flyer attached. Also see website at https://www.liketobe.org/. Contact person who can help you plan how to make best use of the event is Sarah at Sarah@liketobe.org.
- Shortlist.me is at https://shortlist.me/. Cost in first year is round £1500 for one school but cheaper per school for a MAT.
- Careerpilot has run a live session for Y10 students on preparing for Virtual WEX - this is a video of that session https://youtu.be/1Cg5q3KSb28
- Careerpilot also did a live session for parents on 'Choices at 16' (we can only offer this is WIN Uni Connect schools) here is a video of the session https://youtu.be/2X1S29qqmXU
- Careerpilot has examples of Virtual WEX opportunities
The next session will be in January. You will be sent an invite:
Ideas for the session are:
- Virtual WEX
- What activities can universities offer.