National Careers Service: South West
The Inspiration Agenda
What is the Inspiration Agenda?
The Inspiration Agenda is a free, government funded, brokerage service designed to bring employers into schools and colleges to inspire young people as they choose their careers.
Why should my education establishment get involved with the Inspiration Agenda?
- Informed students make better career choices
- Gain sustainable links to local business
- Develop understanding of the job market and how the curriculum links into it
- Help young people who are at risk of not continuing in education, employment or training to access opportunities
What will our students gain from the Inspiration Agenda?
- Understand the realities of the job market and opportunities available
- Make informed choices
- Find out about new jobs, career paths and industries they had not considered
- Identify skills and qualifications employers need
- Engage with employers
- Gain practical insight into employers through employers
What does an Inspiration Agenda activity involve?
Inspiring talks on:
- Jobs roles
- Recruitment practices
- School leaver programmes
- Further, higher and vocational education routes
- Career workshops
- Businesses who invest in young people to attend careers and job fairs
- Visits to workplaces to explore careers
- Labour Market Information
What role does the National Careers Service play?
We provide the brokerage service to establish sustainable links between schools, colleges and employers.
How the National Careers Service can help you?
Email us your name, contact number and place of work to: email@example.com
We will contact you for details of the event you are running to find out how we can support it.
If we can help, we will identify appropriate employers and broker a relationship between the educational establishment and employer.
The National Careers Service is available for anyone over 13 years of age, from 8am to 10pm, seven days a week.
The 0800 100 900 helpline is free from a landline, or individuals can visit nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk and chat to an adviser via webchat, email, SMS, or arrange a call back request.